Where do consultations take place:
Consultations primarily take place on Thursdays at our outpatient office, located at:
385 Silverstar Blvd., Suite 206
Preparing for Your Appointment
For new patients:
- Obtain a Consultation
- Access a Referral Form for your family physician
For current patients:
- Learn How to Prepare for Surgery
- Know what to expect on the Day of Surgery
- Read our Frequently Asked Questions
Preparing for Elective Surgery
- Information on the specifics of
- Before and after photos and X-rays.
- Post operative recovery, including information on wound management, weight bearing, driving, and return to work.
Getting Ready for Your Appointment
- You’ll receive a phone call to give you the date and time of your appointment.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early as you can expect to be sent for new standing foot and ankle xrays.
- Please bring all your relevant medical information to your current issue as well as past medical history.
- If ESL then come prepared with a family member or translator.
- You will be asked to remove your shoes and socks so dressing accordingly should be considered.
- Recognize that you are being seen for a SURGICAL OPINION with respect to your foot and ankle problem and conservative management should have been maximized prior to referral.
Average Wait times to be seen by Dr Latham
12 months for initial consultation
1-2 years for Surgical intervention
Day of Consultation
When you arrive at our office please register with your current health card at the desk.
You will then be sent across the hall to have bilateral standing foot and ankle x-rays then return to the office for your consultation with Dr Latham.
Dr Latham will create a care plan based on your needs, which could be:
- Conservative management (orthotics, bracing, physiotherapy)
- Further diagnostic tests (MRI/CT/SPECT CT) are all arranged at Scarborough Health Network’s Birchmount site and you will be notified of the date and time of these appointments.
- On the day of your scheduled test, you must register at patient registration, which is located on the main floor of the hospital. After registering, you proceed to diagnostic imaging, which is also located on the main floor.
- Please contact the office after your test to schedule a follow up appointment to discuss the results.